Monday, April 6, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things................



To choose 5-7 artist who make stuff that inspires me to make things as pretty as them,well that's a toughie. But considering this is an assignment, and it is do tomorrow, I'll give it a whirl!



1.
Hiroyuki Matsuishi: Some times it really is the simple things in life. Hiroyuki Matsuishi defiantly understands that, as he uses simple subjects,colors and repetition in his work. The result; Beautiful works of art that stand out in a world bursting with color.

http://tailart-gallery.com/e/hiroyuki/

(His site was also in Japanese, so this one is a good alternative)

2. Tandanori Yokoo: Bold colors in a beautifully done collage. Does it get any better? In my opinion,no. Tandanori Yokoo is a Japanese Graphic designer who makes amazing posters,magazine covers etc. The previously mention bold colors along with abstract patterns he creates in his collages are amazing. Check this dude out!

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3992/is_200209/ai_n9111824/

(His actual site is in Japanese,so this one is a lot easier to read!)


3.Egon Shiele: I found out about Schiele this past year and though to myself "Where have you been all my life!'" I love the way Shiele depicts the human form. He creates great energy with rough pants and pen strokes. I also love how the focus is just the human form, nothing more,nothing less.
http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~svb/Schiele/

4. Marc Chagall: Someone once told me that if you choose Chagall,Van Gogh, Picasso or Da Vinci as a favorite artist it was considered very cliche. Well ya know what? Then I'm going to be cliche because I love me some Chagall! Chagall is the first artist I can remember being able to recognize as a child,and ever since then my love for his work has only gotten stronger. His use of intense,bold colors is what initially drew me in. The whimsicality's he creates with the placement of his characters I find fascinating. It amazes me how he is able to have his characters floating quite often through his paintings, yet the piece still feels right. Ok, I'll cut myself off for now. But seriously I could talk about this man fooorrevverr!

http://www.marcchagall.narod.ru/

5.Emy Storey: Emy is a newer member of the professional graphic designers, but none the less makes amazing pieces of work for amazing people. I discovered her when I noticed she was the one making all those awesome posters and album covers for bands I love! Her style has a crafty and homemade kind of feel to it which I really enjoy. That style of design makes it so it's easy for the viewer to feel a connection to the work.

http://www.eestorey.com/#




FIN

1 comment: